The festive season is here. Diwali, engagements and shaadis. Which means loads of sweets, savories and let’s not forget the best part, DRESSING UP! I mean don’t we want attention from everybody, ranging from aunties to boys to our peers? Lot of you have card parties and other such parties to attend. What do I wear? The FAQ. So let me try helping you a bit.
What and how to wear:
- First and foremost, do not go overboard . Choose something that is festive, but not like something that says you’re the sister of the bride.
- Wear a piece of jewelry or accessory that stands out. My personal favourites are big earrings and cocktail rings. They look very classy and complete an outfit.
- Choose a color that works best for your complexion. Festive season is about being bright and happy. So choose the correct color as it sets tone to the look.
- Experiment with your hair. May be try a new hairdo?
- My personal favourite outfit for the festive season would be jacket kurti(like the one I am wearing), pakistani suits, silk kurtis and crop top with full skirts.
- Wear make-up with a touch of gold. A golden eye-shadow or a bronzed look , looks great considering the occasion.
- And no matter what you wear, wear it with oodles of confidence and a big smile.
PHOTO COURTESY : ABHIJITH CHANDRADAS PHOTOGRAPHY
Jacket kurti : Man Mandir (Chennai)
Pallazo : Bengaluru
Shoes : Paver’s England
Earrings : Chennai
Ring : Mumbai
Wish you a very HAPPY DIWALI. May you succeed in all endeavors of life. Stay happy and blessed.
There is a certain level of expectation from the product when you hear its M.A.C . And for someone like me who is not a beauty junkie and not very concerned about all the things make-up, I certainly thought/think that M.A.C is the ultimate thing a normal girl wants. Before I begin with the review, let’s establish the fact that this brand is expensive. So how I landed up buying this is a short story. My friend who is a M.A.C hoarder introduced me to something called the studio tech . It is a tight mousse kind of a product which works as a foundation(medium coverage) as well as a compact. I loved when I used it and decided to buy it. When I went to the store and asked for the product, the sales assistant suggested me to opt for studio fix rather than studio tech, considering my skin is oily. And that’s how I got this magical product.
M.A.C – Studio Fix NC 45
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRODUCT:
- A foundation cum compact .
- It is the best product for those who are lazy to apply foundation and primer and other such stuff on a regular basis.
- For skin that has acne scars, it is best recommended to use with a concealer.
- It looks like a compact powder, but works well as a foundation and gives medium coverage.
HOW TO USE :
- Use a moisturizer before applying it.
- Although it comes with a sponge, I use a powder brush to apply it as it covers the entire face properly and spreads evenly without too much product on the face.
- If you have acne scars or dark circles, you can use a concealer before applying it.
- A few strokes from the brush is enough .
END RESULT – You end up having a smooth and matte finish . The skin looks bright and polished and isn’t over the top.
NC45 suits people who have a wheatish complexion and acne scars.
Expectation vs Reality – 4.5/5
Quantity – 5/5
Pricing – 3.5/5
Availability – 4/5
Will I repurchase – Yes
The product is available at all M.A.C stores. This is not a drug-store product, hence it’s not very easily available. Since the day I have bought this product, I have been using this on a regular basis. It is the best money I have ever spent on make-up . I know it’s expensive, but it is definitely worth it and I highly recommend this product.
For tips and tricks like my Facebook page- HERE
And for some humour follow me on Twitter- HERE
Don’t we all have preconceived notions? I admit, I do. In fact all of us presume something or the other about a certain person or situation or a thing. It’s not that bad. It is human nature. But you know we need to draw a line. We need to stop assuming and make so many judgements even before knowing a certain thing. We see a person all smiling and cheerful and assume the person to be the happiest person alive. That’s completely fine. But moving a step forward and saying that the person who smiles a lot cannot have any pain, that’s preconceived notion! May be that person is just emotionally strong and deals with pain and pressure easily. That does not mean the person has a perfect life. Why do we assume these things.
When a girl dresses up really well, the girl is termed high maintenance. What if the things she is wearing is thrifted and not as expensive as you think. Just because a girl is wearing Western clothes, we assume that she is spoilt, bad and isn’t homely. This is just ridiculous! When will we think beyond this? When will we start accepting things the way they are and not assume things.
A recent incident in my life made me think this. I never knew facebook account could be used as your character certificate. This is just absurd and these things just irritate me. When will people mature and understand that its not always what you see. It may be the things you haven’t seen!
Be positive guys. There is already so much negativity in the world. Spread happiness and positive energy. Sayonara.